Sunday, June 28, 2009

Finally Finished...Junkie Design Team June Layout

I am finally finished with this month's Junkie Design Team assignment. It's been a rough couple weeks with vacation, the flu, a toothache, a root canal and work all rolled up in one. But I survived.

On this second project of two I got to do a 12 x 12 layout using some great papers from My Minds Eye Breaking Free collection and one of Heidi Swapp's Invisible Papers.

The Invisible Paper was spritzed generously with Glimmer Mist and speed dried with an embossing tool. The pom-pom trim and rick rack were natural colored to begin with, but were also spritzed with Glimmer Mist to match the color scheme. The flowers and surf boards were cut from the MME patterned papers. Diamond Glaze was painted onto the surf boards to give them a lacquered look and then sprinkled lightly with some ultra fine glitter for a little pizazz. Stickles were used to embellish the flowers and pop dots gave them a dimensional look.

I had a blast putting this layout together. I really love playing with the glimmer mist and getting my hands a little dirty. I thorougly enjoyed the challenges this month and am looking forward to the next assignment.

























0 comments:

Post a Comment