Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Weekend of Reorganization

Where did the weekend go? It seems to have evaporated. But I can tell you that it was not in vain that is for sure.

Friday evening I went to work in my scrap room, sorting and organization all my scrapping goodies. To start I went through all my scrapbook paper and purged all that I no longer wanted. Whew! That was liberating. It has been a long time coming I will tell you that. The last time I went through a purge like this was a little over 1 year ago, so I was definitely over due. My BFF and scrapping buddy Theresa came over on Saturday to help. I have all my paper and embellishments organized by color so she and I went stack by stack and pulled paper.

I did the first pass. There was a time when I would always buy 4 sheet of each patterned paper that I liked because I love to share. Having 4 sheets on hand would allow me to share and still leave me with enough for me. But what it also did was leave me with way more paper than I will ever need. So as I went through each stack I pulled out the duplicates and kept only enough for me.

She then took the stacks and made a second pass and kept the designs that she liked. Once we purged all the paper, then I was able to sort all the new papers that have been stacking up and put it in it's respective color stack. Then I went through all my kits and did the same. Once I had all the paper done I moved on to embellishments.

I sort all my embellishments by theme, so I had to take everything new, sort it and put it in is place. I could not believe all the stuff I that I had forgotten that I bought. Crazy, yes I know, but if you are reading this blog, chances are you are afflicted with the same compulsion. Right? I knew it!!!

Now that that is complete I can actually see the top of my work table.

So I settled in to do a little scrapping tonight on my nice clean desk and my nephew, who has been battling an upper respiratory infection, who refused to go to the doctor (he is 22 and has a mind of his own), comes out of his room and he looks awful. When I asked if he was okay, he pretty much confirms my suspicion that he is VERY VERY sick and that he needs to see a doctor TONIGHT. Holy Cow! I had to rush him to the emergency room. We took him to Christus St. John and they had us out and good to go in record time. They prescribed some good meds and he is now tucked in bed, resting comfortably. Thank God he is okay! No sooner did we get home from the ER though, did my Mom tells me that she too isn't feeling well and that she would need to see a doctor in the morning.

Whew! It has been a busy weekend and it looks like my week is just getting started.

Anyway, tomorrow comes early, but I wanted to give you all an update and what was going on with me. It was a productive weekend and I survived another one.

God Bless all of you. Have a good week.



Post a Comment