Sunday, September 27, 2009

September Junkie Project

I finished up my Junkie Project for the month of September.

It was so much fun. This month the design team got to pick out what we wanted to work with. My choice was a new line of papers designed by Stephanie Hunt for Bella Blvd called Plastino. I loved the colors and flowers and wanted to do something whimsical. Our challenge was to make a Wall Layout on a piece of sheet metal using a photo of ourselves and a wooden letter magnet. This project will be displayed in the Junkie Store Window. We got to do a canvas a while back and this project is to replace the canvas that is already on display.

I had never worked on sheet metal so it was going to be fun!
We also got to choose a coordinating bling and flower from the new Prima lines! I was in Prima Heaven. Seriously, have you seen all the new Prima Flowers? They are to die for! Of course I went Prima crazy and couldn't stop with what was given to me and added more of my own. I love the new Prima vines they are awesome. The paper twisting on the flower stems is something I saw Donna Downey do on one of her art pieces on her website and I had to try it. She is so inspiring.

I also wanted to share with you a project that I did a while back for the Junkie that I hadn't posted. I had forgotten to take photos of it to post and finally did so this weekend.

This project was completely inspired by Donna Downey! I took her class a few months ago when she taught at The Scrapbook Junkie and I had a blast. She is one talented lady. I learned so much in her class and had such a wonderful time. So when Beth asked me to put together a mini album using some Canvas sheets she had gotten in and some stencils I jumped on the chance. I took the opportunity to use all the creative techniques Donna taught us. I used modeling paste, gesso, gel medium, water color, acrylic paints and even pulled out my embossing powders and heat tool. If you ever have an opportunity to take a class by Donna Downey you absolutely must! You will learn a ton and have a blast.

So here is the project. I hope you like it! The papers are by Basic Grey and the flowers are from Prima.

Things have been very busy around my house so I haven't had much time to keep up with the blog, but I haven't stopped blogging. Thanks for hanging in there with me!
Hugs,
Heidi

0 comments:

Post a Comment