Monday, November 17, 2008

Out Of My Comfort Zone

Well I did something this weekend that I never thought I would do. I submitted an entry for a design team at my local scrapbook store. I don’t know if it is the fear of rejection or the fear of actually getting picked that has been holding me back all these years, but I finally did it. My next door neighbor and I have become scrapping buddies and she and I decided to both try out together.

I will find out this coming week if I get picked. I am okay if it goes either way. A part of me is really hoping that I do get picked; the other part of me is a bit apprehensive. You see I work full time and have two teenage boys that keep me pretty busy and I am a little worried about the commitment. When I am not working, on call for work, running between football practices (which is coming to a close for the year), attending band events, toting kids between sleepovers, doctor’s appointments, and errands, I am at home fighting with my mother that lives with us, catching up on laundry, cleaning up after kids and dogs, fighting with my mother, cooking, organizing scrapbook supplies, fighting with my mother, refereeing two rowdy boys, oh and fighting with my mother…..well you get the picture. So that leaves very little precious time to scrapbook and hang out with my favorite next door scrapping neighbor. Add on a design team commitment and life should get really interesting. But I am up for the challenge.

It has been about 3 years now since I taught rubber stamping classes and that was a serious commitment. I had a love hate relationship with teaching…loved the teaching, hated the prep-time, loved the stamping, hated the drama at the shop I worked for, but sometimes I miss it. I miss all the new techniques and staying up with the latest trends. I think being on a design team would be a great way to get back up to speed with all the latest and greatest scrapbooking/rubber-stamping techniques and get my creative juices flowing again. I miss that artsy, creative feeling.

So wish me luck and if I get picked, you will be hearing more from me in days to come. Part of the commitment is to keep a blog. So keep your fingers crossed.

Heidi

0 comments:

Post a Comment