Sunday, November 30, 2008

That's a Spicy Meatball!






Today my hubby and I went on a double date with our dear friends Tim and Theresa. We had a delicious lunch at Buca de Beppo. Theresa and I had never been there before so we decided that we wanted to try it out. It has been years since my hubby and I have double dated so this was especially fun for us.
If you have never been there before, Buca is a very cool place. For your first time visit, the host gives you a tour of the restaurant, starting with the kitchen. (never had that happen before). They even have a special table in the kitchen for special guests. Each of the dining areas are decorated with a theme. Like the Pope room, or like us, we got to sit in the Cardinal room. There are tons of pictures hanging on every wall. The food was very delicious and they serve it family style so you get to try a little bit of everything.

As we were leaving Theresa and I slipped off to the ladies room, as ladies do and we were surprised to see that the ladies room had a charm all of it's own. It was decorated like a old fashioned powder room. I couldn't help myself and snapped a few pictures of the old fashioned bra and girdle that were hanging on the wall. How clever! The lady that came in the bathroom when I was taking photos must have thought that I was nuts taking pictures in the bathroom, but hey, that is what scrappers do right!
We had a wonderful lunch and can't wait to do it again!

When we got home I got back to work on the layouts I am working on for the Junkie Design Team. They are all finished up and now I am working on some cards. I can't wait to post pictures of the layouts, so stay tuned.

The weekend is flying by and it's back to work on Monday. But for now I leave you with some old fashioned underwear! Ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
Love your blog! Your writing flows easily and is fun to read. You take great pictures. I especially love the . . . what's the thing at the very top called?
I haven't set mine up yet, but yours really inspires me.
Thanks for sharing!
Laura Sexton (fellow Design Team Member)

Jenny B in Indy said...

Thank You SO much for telling me about scrapblog.com!! I made a banner (still a work in progress) thanks to you!
Let me see if I can find a special RAOK for you just for helping me out :)

And, I cannot believe you are DT at one of my favorite stores in the world.. Scrapbook Junkie!!
I live no where near there (I'm in Indiana) but my husbands family lives in Houston and we went to visit them for 10 days last Christmas and I stopped in at Junkie on the way to Galveston beach and met the owner and bought a ton of scrappy stuff. She was SO nice and I loved that store. This is just SO ironic!!!!

Anyway, great blog.. I am "following" you :)

Post a Comment