Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008 Recap

Christmas is winding down; the New Year is on the way.
Our Christmas Eve was spent baking the last minute goodies, enjoying some delicious foods and exchanging gift with our wonderful friends and neighbors, Tim, Theresa and baby boy Matthew. We got to bed around midnight.





Our Christmas Day was wonderful. It started around 8AM with the sounds of footsteps racing up and down the stairs, followed by the sound of my oldest strumming on his new guitar! Even though the boys no longer believe in the man in the red suit, Christmas Morning is still magical.

We got up, put the coffee on and gathered in the living room to open gifts. Everyone had a wonderful time seeing what gifts had been chosen with love for each of them. The boys were excited to see that most of the items they wished for were under the tree. By the way, Mom loved her Christmas scrapbook and it brought tears to her eyes. When all the gifts were open we gave thanks to God for all of our blessings and for the ultimate gift in the birth of our Saviour Christ Jesus.



For my youngest it was another Indianapolis Colts Christmas and for my oldest it was his guitar. After gift opening we lounged around and snacked on German Christmas Stollen Bread fresh from the oven and watched the Disney Christmas Parade on TV. We got the turkey in the oven and prepared the trimmings.






Later we delivered some gifts to my dear friend Wendy and her baby girl Catherine. Her baby girl was so cute in her Christmas pajamas.

When we got home it was about time to take the turkey out of the oven and eat. Yum Yum. The meal was so delicious. We had a relaxing dinner, taking our time and enjoying the time together as a family. After dinner the boys cleaned up the kitchen and when it was all said and done, my Hubby and I put our feet up on the coffee table and relaxed for a while.



Then Hubby and the boys spent the rest of the evening getting ready for a road trip to see my in-laws. Since my father-in-law is unable to travel because of some health problems, the boys usually go to see them between Christmas and New Years each year. I stay home with my Mom (she really can't be left alone anymore) and the puppies.

Today I spent most of the day just resting and recuperating. Why, I even got to take a nap. Tomorrow, I plan on getting in some scrapping. With all this time to myself with the boys being gone, I would be a fool to waste precious me time. :-)
This has been a wonderful Christmas. Once again, we have been truly blessed.

1 comments:

Jenny B in Indy said...

Glad you had a great Christmas, girlie. It was nice to see some pics :)

Post a Comment