Monday, December 8, 2008

A Word about Negativity





Did you know that negativity is contagious? Have you ever spent a lot of time around someone that you know is chronically unhappy or negative and find yourself suddenly sounding or acting just like them? I know I have. Unfortunately, sometimes these negative, unhappy people are people that we love and people that we can not get away from. Sometimes these people do not realize that negativity has taken root in their spirit and that it is pulling them down. Maybe too many bad things have happened in their lives and they have just been unable to get over it. Or maybe, life has hardened their hearts. When I find myself slipping into a pattern of negatively I usually pray to God that He will Guard my Mouth and Guard my Heart. I did so this morning and was led to this scripture:


13. [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.

14. Do all things without grumbling and faultfinding and complaining [against God] and questioning and doubting [among yourselves],


15. That you may show yourselves to be blameless and guileless, innocent and uncontaminated, children of God without blemish (faultless, unrebukable) in the midst of a crooked and wicked
generation , among who you are seen as bright lights (stars or beacons shining out clearly in the [dark] world.


Hugs to all of you,
Heidi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again- so inspirational! Thanks Heidi.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Thank you Heidi, once again it directly applies to me! I love reading your blog! Deanna

Post a Comment