Monday, December 29, 2008

A Scripture for Difficult Times

Habakkuk 3:17-19
17 Though the fig tree does not
blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, [though] the product of the olive
fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the fold
and there are no cattle in the stalls,
18 Yet I will rejoice in the
Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation!
19 The Lord God is my Strength,
my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet
and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make
[spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or
responsibility]!

Many of us are going through difficult times. Just pick up the paper or turn on the news. Times are tough. But whatever your situation may be, don't give up. Allow the difficulties you are experiencing to be your "hinds' feet" and push you to a solution. I know that when times are hard for me I have a tendency to become paralyzed in fear in the face of my problems, but if we keep moving we will make progress. It takes faith to hold on during the tough times. God wants to help you through your hard times. He wants to strenghten and encourage you through the storms.

Don't give up.

Hugs,
Heidi

0 comments:

Post a Comment